Saturday, September 25, 2010

Doggie Pillow

Captain loves laying on our pillows in our bed so I thought it was be neat to make him his own pillow.  I got a cute dog printed fabric at Joann’s today for his pillow.

I went online and search for a dog bone.  I printed it off and cut it out.  This will be my pattern for my pillow.
001

I used this pattern to cut two pieces of fabric.
002
I placed them like sides together and sewed around the edges making sure to keep the bone shape.  I left about a two inch hole for turning and stuffing.  Then I cut excess fabric and turned it.
003
Next I stuffed it with Poly-fil and hand sewed the hole closed.
And here is my finished project.
004

Here is Captain modeling his new pillow, which actually is turning out to be a toy.  He won’t stop playing with it. ::sigh:: Guess I’ll just have to make him a bigger rectangular one.

006
Oh and notice my new cutting mat!  I got a rotary cutter as well!  I used a birthday gift card and a 40% off coupon and got a good deal!  I really wanted to use my 50% off coupon but apparently that one isn’t valid until tomorrow and I didn’t want to have to come back tomorrow so I just used the 40% one.  I love the ease of the rotary cutter!


Here’s the one I got.



blogsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment