Monday, September 27, 2010

Crockpot French Onion Chicken

The other day I whipped up this lovely meal in my crockpot.  I had no recipe, I just used all the things that I had in my pantry.  It came out delicious!  Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of this lovely meal but I’m sure that I’ll make it again soon.  I was a really cheap meal too!

Ingredients:


3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 can of French Onion soup
1/2 onion cut into strips
1 small package of mushrooms
1 tsp each of salt and pepper
1/2 a soup can full of water



I put the chicken at the bottom of my crockpot and seasoned it with the salt and pepper.  Next add the onions and the mushrooms.  Then pour the soup on top.  I then added the water.  I wouldn’t add too much water, I used about half a can of it.  But it could need more depending on if you use more than 3 pieces of chicken.

I cooked it for about 5 hours on low.  If you use more than 3 pieces of chicken or your crockpot cooks slow then I would leave it for longer.



It came out so flavorful!  I love onions and mushrooms together!  I served it with white rice and green beans.  Such a great meal!

blogsignature

1 comment: