Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Half Bath Facelift

So a couple of days ago I told you about my weekend project of repainting and redoing my downstairs half bath.  I had gotten and picked out the paint awhile ago and I finally got my butt in gear to do it.  It took hubby and I one night to really do almost everything.  We took the next day to do some touch ups and clean up the bathroom.  It was a pretty inexpensive facelift.  I have yet to replace the faucet but I definitely will do that sometime in the future.  I replaced the light fixture, replaced the jumbo mirror (who wants to look at themselves while they use the bathroom?? –not me!), and painted the walls.  I will also (sometime down the road) refinish the vanity.  That will most likely be a longer project so I decided to forgo that for now. 

And now for your viewing pleasure, before and after pictures of the half bath.
Before:
019 017
After:
006
008
009
014 
015 
You can really see the paint color in the last two pictures.
I love how light and ‘fresh’ it feels.

Here is a rough cost break down:
Paint - Glidden Canyon Echo and supplies:  $30
Lighting:  $79.99
Mirror:  $39.99
Most of the decor I had already or I made from supplies found at the Dollar Store.  I will post about those later.

So overall it was about a $150 facelift.  I can’t complain because it came out just as I had hoped!



 
blogsignature

1 comment: