Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Latest Deals!

So here are my latest deals from my latest project of couponing.  My cousin has gotten me hooked on couponing when she hosted a free online class all about the basics of couponing and how to get started.  I had started using coupons about a year ago but would either forget to get the newspaper or decide it wasn’t really worth it to use coupons (which I now know I just wasn’t using the coupons correctly).  I had always clipped my coupons and try and use them on my next trip to the store.  Then I would realize that even with the coupon the generic store brand would still be cheaper and thus my frustration would set in and I’d stop with the coupons.  Thankfully I now know the ways to use the coupons to my greatest advantage and I am hooked on couponing!  I’ll make a separate post on what I learned, good couponing websites I like, and how I organize my coupons but for now I will show you a couple of my first real trips to get some deals.

 



First Trip to CVS 8/9/10:
084
Total paid Out of Pocket (OOP): $14.91
Here is the breakdown:
Schick Hydro:  $8.97
Progresso Soup: $3.19 (B1G1 Free) x 2


CVS Hand Sanitizer: $1.19
Dulcolax: $9.99
Warm Delights: $2.29 (B1G1F)



Coupons that I used in this purchase:
$5.00 off Schick Hydro
$.75 off of Warm Delights
$.50 off of 2/Progresso soup
$3.00 off Dulcolax
$5.00 Extra Care Bucks (ECBs)

ECBs that I received from this purchase:
$4.00 ECB when you buy Schick
$9.99 ECB when you buy Dulcolax

So even though I paid $14.91 on this purchase it’s really like I only paid $0.92 since I received those ECB.  I love those ECBs!  And now I have them to use on my next order!

Oh and I forgot to add that I have a Mail in Rebate (MIR) on the Schick Hydro, so I will be receiving the $8.97 back!

Walgreens Trip 8/9/10:
082

Total Paid OOP:  $8.43

Here’s the breakdown:
Lysol Bleach Toilet Cleaner:  $2.99 (B1G1F)
Dial Bodywash:  $3.99
Secret Soothing Effect Deodorant: $2.29
Mentos Gum:  $1.69

Coupons I used:
$.75 off of the Lysol
$1.00 off the Bodywash
$.70 off of the Mentos (Walgreens Coupon)


$.55 off of the Mentos (Manufacturers Coupon)

Register Rewards (RR) that I received:
$3.00 from the Bodywash
$3.00 from the Deodorant (This was a money maker since the deodorant was only $2.29!!)

So really it was like I paid $2.43 for this order since I received the RR to use on a future order.



Total amount of savings for both orders :  $40.43!!

blogsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment