Monday, October 18, 2010

Mexican Lasagna

I made this super yummy dish the other night and it was a big hit!  I had most the ingredients on hand which was the reason I came up with the idea.  I only had to get tortillas and the taco seasoning.

Here are your ingredients:
002


1 lb of ground turkey or beef
1 can of Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup
1 can of whole kernel corn


1 can of crushed tomatillos
1 taco seasoning packet
1 cup of shredded mexican cheese
6-8 flour tortillas
salsa or sour cream for garnish

Preheat over to 350 degrees.
First cook up your ground meat. This is where I get to use one of my favorite kitchen utensils, my Pampered Chef Mix ‘n Chop.  It really is such a dandy little tool.

Next add the seasoning packet, corn (drained), tomatillos, and soup.  Mix till it’s well blended.  Simmer for 2-3 minutes.

Next take a medium sized casserole dish and line the bottom of it with two tortillas.  Then scoop some of the meat mixture (about 1/4 of it) on top of the tortillas and spread it out.  Now layer two more tortillas and top with the meat mixture.  Add one more layer of tortilla and meat mixture.  I had room for one more layer so I added another tortilla layer and meat mixture.  Lastly I topped with the cup of shredded mexican cheese.  
003
Pop your dish into the oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and bubbly. 
005 
It came out delicious.  And it’s a yummy alternative to taco night!  And you can easily do this with chicken as your meat.

blogsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment