Thursday, October 28, 2010

Crockpot Honey Maple Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

I love sweet potatoes!  And since it is getting cooler I will be making then more often.  Last week I came up with this yummy sweet potato and chicken meal.

Ingredients:

001
3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 or 3 sweet potatoes (cubed)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp of brown sugar

I started by putting my chicken at the bottom of my crockpot (doesn’t matter if it’s still frozen).  On top of that I poured the syrup, honey, butter and brown sugar.  Next I tossed the sweet potato on top of the chicken.  I cooked on low for 5 hours.  I made sure to stir it about halfway through so that the sweet potato got some of that yummy juice!  It came out quite flavorful!  This is a great fall meal!

005


blogsignature

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you just make these up! I have to have a recipe. LoL This looks seriously good!!

    ReplyDelete