Tonight I made a delicious one skillet meal that was super easy to make. Another plus was that it took about 20 minutes to make!
One Skillet Chicken & Rice
1 lb of boneless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
1 cup of uncooked white rice
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1/2 cup of broccoli
1 1/3 cup of chicken stock
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese for garnish
1. Season and cook chicken thoroughly. Remove from skillet, set aside.
2. Cook garlic and onion.
3. Add rice and cook for about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
4. Add chicken stock, peas and broccoli and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until stock is absorbed.
6. Return chicken and add the cream of mushroom, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Mix thoroughly, top with shredded cheese.
It really came out delish and I was quite surprised how easy it was to make.