Monday, October 26, 2009

Crockpot Rosemary & Red Wine Vinegar Chicken with Mashed Butternut Squash

 

rosemaryredwinechicken
I made this dinner totally on the fly.  I am without my hubby this week since he is out of town in Detroit for a tradeshow so I really didn’t have anything on the menu.  I had taken some chicken out and didn’t really want to cook so I came up with this chicken recipe.  I also had a butternut squash that I had gotten at the grocery store that I wanted to try since I had never had or cooked it before.



Crockpot Rosemary & Red Wine Vinegar Chicken
About 1/2 lb. frozen bone-in chicken drumsticks (you can use whatever kind you like)


1/2 onion chopped


1/2 Tablespoon of rosemary


1 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

Place onion at the bottom of the Crockpot.  Place chicken on top of onions.  In a small bowl combine rosemary, vinegar and EVOO, pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours. 

Mashed Butternut Squash
1 butternut squash
1/2 small onion chopped
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of bread crumbs
parsley for garnish


Cook butternut squash by slicing in half lengthwise and deseeding.  Place skin side up in a baking dish.  Add 1/4 in. of water in baking dish.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until fork tender.

Scoop squash into a mixing bowl.  Add onion, cheese and bread crumbs and mix.  Place in baking dish and bake on 350 for about 20 minutes.

   Once cooked garnish with parsley.

It came out pretty tasty and was quite surprised how it reminded me of mashed sweet potatoes –which I love!

1 comment:

  1. Looks Great! I'll have to try the mashed butternut squash - i recently picked one up on our last farm trip. :) I'm glad your back!!

    ReplyDelete